I knew that if I didn’t have the best it was not due to His neglect.
I knew that there were principals in life that I was not applying that would grant me the success God promised in so many scriptures that I read daily.
When I read the verse Hebrews 11:6 that says that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seeks him I decided to become a diligent seeker.
I asked him what I should be doing, what business should I start, what direction I should go in, in regard to a money making venture. (See Proverbs 31 regarding what it means to be a virtuous woman)
He was leading me to write. I felt that clearly, but when I sat down to do it, it was very bad to put it mildly. I kept asking him. “Are you sure you want me to do this? I stink at it!”
I wasn’t getting any answer to that question so I kept trying.
(Back to the diligent seeking story) I had five children at the time when I began on this quest. That was in 1997, my youngest was just 2 years old. I knew that the only way to get the time in to study and seek was to wake up early enough to get the study time in before my regular routine as a homemaker, wife and mother
began.
began.
So at 5 am I woke up and studied Gods Word. My children knew of my quest and they were respectful of
my “Bible time,” even the baby. If they happened to wake early or they saw me during the day with my
Bible out they did not interrupt me.
my “Bible time,” even the baby. If they happened to wake early or they saw me during the day with my
Bible out they did not interrupt me.
One morning Emily (the 2 year old) got up just after I had cracked my concordance. She climbed up on my lap and grabbed my cheeks with her two little hands.
I was about to reprove her and put her down off my lap. But quickly I put that idea off, and allowed her to continue. She began kissing my face so sweetly and deliberately.
She used her hands to move my head up and down so she could kiss the area of my face she deemed to kiss. My nose, my forehead, my chin my cheeks, until my face was thoroughly touched with that little girls kisses.
I just smiled and looked in her eyes every moment that it was available, given the direction my head was in at the time.
I just smiled and looked in her eyes every moment that it was available, given the direction my head was in at the time.
She than got herself very cozy, sat on my lap and rested her head on my chest. I began to speak to her.
“What does God say to Emily? God says today is a good day! This is the day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it! What else does God say to Emily? God says Don’t worry I ‘m always here for you! Be ye anxious for nothing, but with everything, with prayer, let your requests be made known unto God. What else Does God say to Emily? God says You are beautiful! How beautiful are the feet that brings good tidings of great joy!” ...And I went on like that.
“What does God say to Emily? God says today is a good day! This is the day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it! What else does God say to Emily? God says Don’t worry I ‘m always here for you! Be ye anxious for nothing, but with everything, with prayer, let your requests be made known unto God. What else Does God say to Emily? God says You are beautiful! How beautiful are the feet that brings good tidings of great joy!” ...And I went on like that.
When I was done, I laid her back down in her bed and went back to my Bible, knowing I did not have much time that morning to study, I opened it up quickly and then I gasped for air and my head shot up from my reading position. “GOD YOU GAVE ME A BOOK!” I said out loud!
I quickly wrote it down in my praise and prayer journal and knew that something had happened. That was 16 years ago...
Now... how I got it illustrated, formatted and ready for print as well as why it sat in my dining room drawer for so many years is a subject for another blog :)
Now... how I got it illustrated, formatted and ready for print as well as why it sat in my dining room drawer for so many years is a subject for another blog :)

No comments:
Post a Comment